Monday, November 13, 2006

lots of thots

lots of thots swirling about in my head.

firstly, (which i am told is not a real word, and you know what? today someone else told me that he did not believe "gingerly" is a word, when, in fact, of course, it is, and i use it judiciously, which is also a great word) my head? my head has bird poo on it. which makes me a poohead.

secondly, (continuing in the vein of adverbs, which is much less intimidating and technically diffcult than continuing in a pulmonary vein, or perhaps a femoral vein. just kidding. the continuing part is easy, it's the inital access that's tricky) maybe i'll share the thoughts i have/had.

i think i need to reset then.

*********************************

"i am fat, and don't like it," she said.

"ah," i said. "well, i am thin, and let me tell you, it's SO great!"

no. of course i didn't say that. i wouldn't say that because it would be rude. and would it be rude to say later, to others, behind her back? maybe, maybe not. and would it be rude for me to make that statement in a different context entirely? of course not.

*********************************

eschemo survivor, i never finished that post on blog etiquette because i couldn't find or figure out any definitive rules. for example, which was worse? when sam freedom flat out disagreed with me and was rude to me in comments on my blog? or when josué wrote on his blog that he had disdain for a particular post style of mine? please ignore the incorrect punctuation there.

sam freedom was antagonistic and came across as a troll, but after reading josué's post, i felt that he was a bit cowardly for saying something insulting from the safety of his own blog. neither sam nor josué are bad guys, i'm sure. as a matter of fact, i wonder how josué is doing and i hope that he is okay. but the point is that neither of those options seem to be, you know, on the up and up.

my conclusion this time around is that blog circles are like dialogues. conversations. operating under this assumption, some observations:

1. it is more acceptable to interrupt and work one's way into a blog circle without being invited, but one must still exercise caution. don't come on too strong or make yourself too much at home before you are welcomed, or one comes across as did my blogstalker several months ago— unwelcome.

2. posting, within certain blog circles, might just be considered one side of a dialogue. but sometimes it's not. and that depends on the context of (i suppose) how closely your blogs are linked to one another. an example is the above scenario. if we had been talking TO one another, what i said would be rude. if the two sentences are completely isolated from one another, it'd be completely acceptable. see?

3. if you don't like what's being discussed in a certain conversation, it's more gracious to simply leave the conversation. why keep going back for more? what's the benefit of being argumentative or getting yourself all worked up?

all this is simply illustrates that for all the silliness of blogs, it's more complex than it ought to be.

*********************************

thirdly, i am totally psyched because i've been let in on some plans to form a-- get this-- a jazz group! and we'd do some bossa too! with some people that i actually like and respect! and we'd perform in a month!

wait. a month?! and wait. i'd be lead singer? and wait. you want to name the group, "the inotropes featuring [camobunny]?" and wait. i'd sing in front of people from the department?

i don't know how i feel about that last one. i don't like being "the help" at a function for people from my own department or other equivalent departments. and i don't like letting people from work in on my separate life, the one that i usually keep all to my very self in all its preciousness. (say it with me— my precioussss...) i'm also concerned that the reputation that precedes me is better than i am. haha.

oof. i just hit the wall. sleepy. must clean. to bed. then clean. in the morning. at 3.

bye

3 Comments:

Blogger kara said...

What is a blogstalker? Someone who engages in over-commenting? Skeezy commenting? Is it a comment-vibe thing? I had no idea stalkers had invaded this realm as well. Please elaborate!

11/14/2006 04:26:00 PM

 
Blogger CamoBunny said...

woo! let me jes' tell ya...

my experience with a blogstalker involved someone a) discovering my blogs, and starting to leave inappropriately personal and frequent comments all over the place, b) finding my e-mail address, and starting to write me long personal e-mails, c) talking to other people who read my blog to find out where i am, d) getting my phone number somehow and leaving desperate messages on my machine.

i'm sure this person didn't mean it as such, but it really was overkill for me and i couldn't handle it. here's my blogstalker saga. i perhaps did not deal with it is graciously as i could have but there it is.

thank you for your interest.

11/14/2006 07:10:00 PM

 
Blogger kara said...

Oh my heck...that story's crazy-like. How can you tell how many times people hit your site?

And I think you handled it pefectly. Bluntness...seems to be the only thing that works. I've had a myspace stalker, but a blogspot stalker is just spooky.

11/15/2006 11:25:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger