Thursday, July 20, 2006

evasive maneuvers

i'm sorry everybody. i know it's annoying when i do this, but it's truly necessary this time.

against my better judgment i checked my blog at work. and at work there's one of those dang-blasted "autocomplete" functions on the browser, so when you type a few letters in the address bar, it pulls up some "suggeted" urls. so if you type "ca-", a common first two letters where i work, "camobunny's corner" pops up.

this usually isn't a problem because i just go in and clear the browser history, delete offline content, empty the cache, etc. but on ONE computer, my access to those functions was disabled.

no one will really be all that interested i suppose, but i didn't want to have EVERYTHING pop right up on the screen for any random browser-by who might pull up my blog. especially since i posted about work a few days ago. so i put in a filter page. that's all.

the history will clear itself in twenty days, hence the twenty day filter period.

sorry for the inconvenience.

i hope this doesn't change things between us.

can we still be friends?

6 Comments:

Blogger d said...

yeah, sure... what the heck.

7/20/2006 04:01:00 PM

 
Blogger Joshua said...

I hate to bring this up, but if we can follow the link to the hidey-hole, where you have all your posts up, then so can joe co-worker who pulls up your website. Of course, I guess there are a number of successive, random steps that would have to occur in order for that to happen, and so the likelihood is extremely slim.

My own anonymity is gradually deteriorating from my blog, and I'm okay with it. But the only thing at stake for me is embarrassment if people that I casually know, or maybe some extended family members, were to find my blog. I'm not a doctor, and I don't blog at work.

Not that you have anything on this blog that would really get you in trouble, I don't think. But I'm not your boss, so what I think about it doesn't really matter.

7/20/2006 09:54:00 PM

 
Blogger CamoBunny said...

d: well, thanks, i guess.

pt: but of course.

j: it's a completely different thing if you intentionally make the extra click as opposed to just minding your own business and then by accident you pull up this huge blog with all these posts on display. besides, the computer is in a place where people actually use it nearly exclusively for working (imagine that), so an accidental wrong click would pretty quickly result in a 'back' browser button click so one can hurry and get one's work done. what with the dying kids around and all.

and be honest. you don't hate to bring it up at all.

7/20/2006 11:24:00 PM

 
Blogger babblingdweeb said...

that's better than having to wait to pee on a stick to see if the coast is clear...yeah I hate those times.

7/21/2006 04:00:00 PM

 
Blogger CamoBunny said...

wha.. what? what?

i don't get it.

7/21/2006 05:59:00 PM

 
Blogger P-Zan Leong said...

Well, if you don't mind squeezing in with hundreds of other bookmarked links. It's not very roomy, so if you can bear it for the next 15 days..?

7/27/2006 02:06:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger