Sunday, July 16, 2006

e-mail order brides

before i begin, i must say that d the candyman mentioned his letter first. i like how he replied to it. by the way, d, is there no "u" in the word "neighbor"?

so evidently this is now the thing. lots of people are getting e-mails from people saying they are young girls who want to get acquainted with people over the internet. most say they want to get out of their country, and maybe to find love. here's the one i got:

Hello friend!!! My name is Yuliya. I for the first time get acquainted through the Internet. I do not know as to begin my letter to you.
Likely I need to tell a little about itself. My name is Yuliya. I live in the city of Kazan. I was born there in July, 30, 1981. I have finished there architecture - building university. Now I work in building the companies. My work is very pleasant to me. To me to like to skate. And as I very strongly like to float. I the sociable, good-natured person. And as I am very romantic. I search for serious attitudes, and I shall be happy to study you closer. I could not find love here and I had to address for the help to the Internet. I want to create real family. To have strong attitudes. I know the English language more likely well. I think, which problems in us with dialogue will not be. I hope, that our dialogue will make sense. It would be fine, if I and you could make Friendship or more than simply friendship. If you are interested in me that write to me on mine
e-mail: [e-mail suppressed]
I shall wait your answer.
Bye!

these poor, poor deluded girls. what makes them think they'll be able to find a friend or more than simply friend here? there are plenty of american women who are failing to find love here already. we don't need any more to be imported. and a "real family"? whatever that is, i doubt they'll get one here. evidently we don't do that anymore; nuclear families are so 1950's. what makes them think they won't get beaten up, locked up, or knocked up and abandoned after a couple weeks or months? and i think it's charming that she mentions dialogue. i don't think the kind of men to whom she's advertising will really value dialogue. and besides, it appears that which problems in us with dialogue WILL be. and the serious, strong attitude probably won't go over very well either.

or wait. are they even girls? maybe these e-mails are from big ol' greasy middle-aged men trying to victimize americans somehow. ooh, actually, that sounds kind of funny. of course, i'm aware that these women are just trying to find a way into our country/out of theirs, and are offering themselves up as brides to do it.

i too am tempted to write back. i want to tell them that if they want to leave their country AND have a good life, pandering to men and offering themselves up as e-mail-order brides is not the way to do it.

besides, us single american girls, we needs our single mens.

GAH.

6 Comments:

Blogger d said...

actually, in canada and britain, neighbour is spelled with a "u". in fact, we add "u" to a lot of words... like colour and demeanour. sometimes we also add an "e" after the "u". as in catalogue.

i know this is an american blog, but sometimes i don't think about stuff like that when i'm writing. it's one of my biggest faults.

7/16/2006 02:05:00 PM

 
Blogger d said...

by the way, i love the "we needs our single mens" line. brilliant!

7/16/2006 02:06:00 PM

 
Blogger CamoBunny said...

i ask because you wrote about "neighbors" on your blog instead of "neighbours", and i got confused.

evidently, i needs me some mens.

7/16/2006 02:17:00 PM

 
Blogger d said...

wait! i just re-read your post. god i'm an idiot sometimes. anyway, my first comment is correct, but i'd like to add that neighbor is the u.s. spelling. so it's technically correct either way. the fact i'm canadian and spelled it like an american... well, that's one of the things people like most about me.

7/16/2006 02:20:00 PM

 
Blogger CamoBunny said...

not me. what i like best about you is your garlic fingers. especially when you give them to me.

that, and your abilities to build fences and hang curtains.

7/16/2006 02:31:00 PM

 
Blogger d said...

yeah... those are some pretty fine qualities i have goin' on. and boy am i handy to have around. but now i smell from all of the work and i must go take a shower.

7/16/2006 02:55:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger