Friday, February 24, 2006

untouchable

the waiter was about to put his hand on my shoulder and squeeze it. he stopped himself about two inches away from me and pulled his hand back.

i wonder why. no no, i did not want him to touch me. we weren’t flirting (i had figured he was gay) at all. but i hadn’t signaled either way, for him to reach for my shoulder nor to shy away. i was just asking him to bring my friend a piece of cake with a candle in it. completely neutral and professional.

i wonder what made him head toward adding a physical gesture to the conversation, but i wonder more what made him stop himself so suddenly.

my prickles. they must be about two inches long, and sharp.

1 Comments:

Blogger CamoBunny said...

ah. perhaps.

or perhaps it was a vision of his tip disappearing that stopped him so suddenly.

2/25/2006 09:35:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger