Wednesday, November 23, 2005

on living alone

no, i do not have any pets.

the only other life form in my town house was my plant. it was an orchid. it died.

now it's just me and my guitar.

sounds bleak doesn't it? sounds like country music lyrics. well actually, i'm enjoying it very much.

people who live alone may get lonely, but hey, you all! don't forget the things that are so great about our lifestyle.

when i put something down, it will stay where it is until i move it.
when i put food in the fridge, it will stay there until i eat it.
when i want to listen to music, i listen to whatever i want.
when i want to change the thermostat, no one argues.
when i get home from work at 3 am, i won't be worrying or disturbing a soul.
when i take a shower, i can stay in as long as i want, using super-hot water as i like, and not spoil anyone else's shower. (though i can't sing as loud as i want, because my neighbor will hear.)
when i find a mess at my place, it's because i made it. it is with a certain amount of glee that i've been making my apartment messy over the past few weeks. the mess right now is glorious. glorious.
when i want to take a nap in the middle of the day, i just draw the blinds and do it. no one makes any noise to bother me.
when i sleep, no one's snoring wakes me.
and all the closet space is mine! and i never have to share anything.

there's more; of course there's more.

odd, though. none of these good things stands alone. each one implies an absence of someone else.

or is that just how i wrote it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger