Wednesday, November 09, 2005

contentious

i have a short fuse.

i wonder if this is something i have actually inherited from my father, not unlike my short shins, flat butt, and bulky calves.

not only is my fuse short, i fear that i may actually like to fight. i hope not, but it may be the case. oh, i hope not.

every day that i am gracious, it’s like, it’s like.... hmm. let’s try this. picture in your mind a person with a dog on a leash. i walk in one direction, using all my might, straining against the force of this rabid dog, snarling and snapping behind me as it tries to take off in the other direction.

the dog does get loose every once in a while. the camobunny’s claws come out, and in words sharper than gleaming knives they slash and cut, destroying my precious relationships. i can be a real jerk inside and out. and of that i feel great shame. i return, tail between my legs, head hanging low, and i beg forgiveness. i do not deserve it.

at this point i feel that i must first grapple with the evil forces inside me and best them before i can apologize in a truly genuine fashion. so if i owe you an apology, which i probably do, that is why it has not yet come. know that i do feel sorry right now, but that’s not enough. i want to do something to prevent this from happening again before i come to you in apology.

i have now cut a swath around myself, clearing that area of friends and loved ones, and again i stand alone. at this point i choose not to inflict myself upon anyone. “for it is better to live in a corner of a roof than in a house shared with a contentious woman.” it’s so true that it’s in proverbs multiple times.

sigh.

4 Comments:

Blogger A. Klemmer said...

That stand-alone thing. That fuels my anger. My only way out is in the regular (weekly or so) company of those of my gender with whom I can openly share everything. And without them trying to fix or judge or change me. Regular exercise and vacations help, too. Anyway, I feel for you in the alone-ness you expressed in this post.

Peace,

Andre

11/09/2005 05:52:00 PM

 
Blogger CamoBunny said...

andre: thanks for your concern.

i'm actually of a personality type that needs solitude a lot of the time. it is true that in life in general "it is not good for man to be alone," and some people are recharged by being around people, but some of us more than others have a need for time to be alone to regain the energy drained out of us from being around people. i'm THAT introverted. not socially inept, but introverted.

be assured that i have support, friends, co-workers, family, weekly gatherings and whatnot. i am blessed in that respect. this post is more about the general human tendency to put up walls, hurting the ones we love the most, and the specific style in which i have most recently done so. everyone does it. i just feel particularly brutal and contentious these days.

your mr. bunny icon is making me laugh. ha. it's that little "hi." thanks again for your input. i definitely need more exercise. i'm slender so i don't feel the need as often as others do. vacation for me, though, sometimes ends up being more work than my job.

oh, and how'd you like the way i mentioned dooce without actually linking to her? heh, heh.

11/09/2005 11:08:00 PM

 
Blogger A. Klemmer said...

Glad to hear you have support. And I relate. I'm a major-league introvert. My bride, too. I gots to have my alone time or I start getting wiggy.

11/10/2005 12:32:00 AM

 
Blogger CamoBunny said...

wow. i read into that last statement all wrong. i had created a pun/play on words out of it, "nobody in my corner", no camobunny, etc. then it went to the comment page and i figure out what you really meant.

silly me.

11/15/2005 01:12:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger