Wednesday, August 22, 2007

letters

i wrote a nasty letter yesterday.

when did i become a nasty-letter writer? about three years ago, when enough abuse was enough.

i don't want to be one of THOSE people, but, as my friend dr. ragout used to say, if you don't know the ropes, you get jacked. i just don't want to get jacked.

here's my letter.

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am extremely dissatisfied with the service I have thus far received.

After having agreed to use your company for moving my piano and giving out all my personal contact information, I was told by someone named Z---- to expect a phone call within 4-5 days to make further arrangements. I did not hear from you.

Because of my job, I rarely have time to make calls during usual hours. Despite this, I called multiple times this week to learn the status of things. No one answered the phone. I left a message requesting a call for clarification. I did not hear from you.

I had someone at the pick-up point for the piano call you today. She was, for some reason, referred to a driver in a completely different area of the country and was told that the piano had been picked up. Of course she knew this was not true, as the piano is still in her home. When this fact became evident, another move “within 3-4 weeks” was offered. This is far, far outside the original time frame agreed upon.

It is clear that no one knew the true status of my account, and no one has taken any steps to remedy the problem nor even to proceed with arranging with my move.

Your failure to contact me to make arrangements despite my attempts to contact you and your failure to recognize the status of my account have resulted in a failure to conduct effective business, and leave me with great misgivings about using your company. I am surprised to have had such an experience with a company that claims to have moved pianos for the prominent clients named on your client list.

I recognize the possibility that a misunderstanding has occurred. I would like an explanation for what has happened with my account. I would like to hear reasons that I should choose to allow Schafer brothers to move my piano. As no money has changed hands at this point, I will begin looking for another mover should I remain as dissatisfied as I am.

Thank you for your attention,

[CB]

so, what do you think? did i go too far? and if you think i went too far, you weenie, what other options did i have?

my parents disapprove of my letter. the irony lies in that they are the ones who used to deride me for getting taken advantage of, even when i wasn't being taken advantage of.

i am frustrated.

and my prepositions are dangling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger