Saturday, July 08, 2006

home

tonight was so not fun.

i guess it was what people do. i'm not like that. i'm glad i'm not like that. i held my own, but it was definitely not my scene.

i started home in the rain at about 0130. i didn't mean to, but i started singing aloud on the drive. (i do that sometimes, reflexively, especially after a rough night. it helps to calm me.) that's when i found that i was hoarse from the yelling just to make normal conversation. er, not normal conversation. small talk. [shudder]

what comes out when i am singing by myself? usually the last song i heard on the radio 'cause it's fresh in my head, some church song, or a jazz ballad. so tonight, with hoarseness? (remember, hoarseness = sultriness.) "corcovado" and "cry me a river". (of course.)

i miss it so much.

jazz is home.

2 Comments:

Blogger CamoBunny said...

heidi, that is such a compliment to me. i do try to let my natural "voice" come out on this blog. i am glad to know someone hears it the way it is supposed to sound.

i think what it means, to put it in the vernacular, is that you get me, and maybe if we talked more i would get you too. it is always nice to find a sister who can relate.

now, when are you going to post some pictures of your knitting? : )

7/10/2006 09:35:00 PM

 
Blogger CamoBunny said...

i also hope that you are blessed through confrontation of the fears that you mention. you know the song.

whooooooooom shall i feeeeeeeeear...?

7/10/2006 09:37:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger