Tuesday, May 23, 2006

denial?

i am not a shoe queen. i'm not. or, at least, i've never considered myself one.

so i blogged about shoes once. just once! and now i am teased about being a shoe queen. i mean, come on, it's not like i have an entire blog devoted to a belief set about shoes. yes, i own more pairs of shoes than i can recall. yes, they are fabulous and people admire them, and they admire me by association. but i am not a shoe queen.

however.

recently there has been presented to me the possibility that i AM one of those, and i am simply in denial about my true self.

included in this evidence presented to me is exhibit A. this is a magnet i have just received as a gift. i have never discussed shoes as a phenomenon with the giver of this gift (although we have complimented each other on our shoes in the past).



"because you always have cute shoes," she wrote in the card...

(by the way, it is true. changing your shoes can indeed change your life. but more on that another day.)

the sun has set over my home, and my friends are gone now. if i listen very carefully, maybe, just maybe i can hear (under the roar of the air conditioner (stupid apartment walls)) something...

to thine own self be true... and you do... love shoes....

wha—?

nah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger