Saturday, April 22, 2006

at that moment

and at that moment when i arrived home i realized that i don't think i've ever experienced such a feeling of relief as that when i rub my itchy eyes. i hopped up the stairs, took out my contacts and removed my eye makeup, and started rubbing.

rub, rub, rub, rubrub, i was rubbing, and it itched and hurt and felt so good. i took a few steps, and started to head downstairs, and my knees went kind of weak. so there i sat, on the stairs, rubbing my eyes, breathing hard and making noises that sounded rather inappropriate, that's how badly my eyes itched and how much i needed to rub them.

physical well-being is something we actually do tend to take for granted. tonight i have a headache, and a snoot full of allergens, and i can't really focus on much else. i have many a task that needs to be accomplished and i expect that it simply isn't going to happen because i need to sit here and rub my eyes.

what to do when i have someone else in my life that i must attend to? will i still be able to take a break to rub my eyes? will i have time to be debilitated by my allergies?

and so tonight i am thankful to be on my own with no one to take care of, so i can be subject to my discomfort and not feel guilty about what it's doing to other people in my life.

how does everyone else deal with this?

1 Comments:

Blogger Thérèse said...

I don't know, Bunny, CamoBunny.

All I can say is that I know exactly how you feel.

4/23/2006 01:24:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger