Monday, March 20, 2006

continued

my brother and i talk almost every day. we call each other for no reason all the time, much in the same way my mom and one of her sisters do. we talk about God and life and humanity and stupidity and race and cars and cartoons and food and dating (actually, not-dating) and work/school and poop. it’s good.

my other brother tells me nothing. he only calls if he needs something or if it’s my birthday. what of holidays, you ask? nope. not even christmas. although he did call on new year’s eve after i made a big deal out of him neglecting to call on christmas. he didn’t even tell me that my niece was being baptized yesterday. he treats me more like a stranger or business associate than a family member.

it’s really too bad. it bothers me. yet i cannot think of anything to say to him, for it bothers me so much it’s the only thing that comes to mind when i have the opportunity to contact him. i have nothing else to say. and if that’s all i have to say, he won’t want to hear it. i wouldn’t want to hear it either.

by now you may be wondering,
1. “does he read her blog?”
2.”when IS her birthday, anyway?”

okay not really. but,
2. it’s in early june.
1. sometimes. and sometimes his wife does.

one solution that has been proposed is that i ought to reciprocate, to shut him out in return. i cannot do this, because i still happen to care. it would be convenient not to care, because then things wouldn’t bother me. unfortunately i can’t be that way.

is it wrong that i post private family matters on a public blog? yes, it is. but it is an anonymous blog with minimal traffic, after all. i have kept this post limited to "just the facts, ma'am," without any name-calling or condescension or even any of the real emotions i actually feel. and it’s sort of the only thing i can think of to do at this juncture that might possibly get the point across. he may see it; he may not. if he sees it, so be it. because it is the truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger