Saturday, February 18, 2006

work

i left work with the pager on my pants.

THE pager.

it's going to ring unpleasantly in the morning and i will feel all salty.

well probably not. the sad thing is, no one will probably miss it. we are so tightly leashed to the unit, we don't need the e-leash that i accidentally stole.

i'm turning the sucker off. haHA! i just turned it off. i feel so rebellious. no, i feel... nothing. i feel as though i shouldn't have forgotten and left the pager on my pants is what.

i also feel as though i shouldn't have stayed late to see those patients. those patients who went to the emergency room for a RASH. it's a RASH. not an emergency, a RASH. rashrashrash. ptooey. phooey.

actually today was a day of stupid things (notice: not stupid people, stupid things). a bunch of things that did not need to be seen in an emergency room. booboos and owies and sniffles and squirts. and some weird crap too, herpetic whitlows and marijuana-induced gynecomastia. maybe that's my answer to filling out clothes better. no wait, men get boobs, women get facial hair. drat. and why do people think a humidifier fixes congestion? i don't get that. and 'i diagnosed myself with appendicitis.' well good for you and congratulations, you're fine, just gassy, go home and rip some and you'll feel better (really!). i actually told her to go home and fart. very professionally.

i am not liking how i feel at the end of these 16 hr day shifts. it didn't used to be like this. i feel straight up bad. everything about everything feels bad. my morale is mediocre, my energy drained, my confidence quashed, my spirits dampened, my body in pain. even more pain than i'm used to. i'm ready for my new job. my new 80-hour a week job. dangit. nevermind.

for two days now i have been entertaining this novel thought. unlike most of my colleagues, i've never thought about leaving medicine before. what if i did? oooooh. not because i dislike medicine. because i loooove lazing about.

so tonight i wonder, which of the things i saw today will i catch? diarrhea? herpetic whitlow? influenza? fleas? why do i do this? ewww! ewww! i gotta go shower.

1 Comments:

Blogger CamoBunny said...

um, yeah, sure! i'd advocate for the use of humidifiers in the prevention of nasal bloody rock formation!

2/18/2006 11:08:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger