Wednesday, December 07, 2005

i know

sometimes people will tell me, "i haven't read your blog lately..."

and it's usually in a somewhat apologetic tone. now that's not necessary. because:

  1. i already know they haven't been reading my blog. i can keep track when i want to.
  2. since when is reading my blog a requirement?
  3. i already know that people tend to think and care about me less than i think and care about them, and have come to terms with that fact. it doesn't make it less painful, but it keeps me from being resentful.
  4. why waste time apologizing about NOT doing something? if you feel guilty for not doing something, go do it.
  5. reading my blog isn't quite the same thing as keeping in touch with me. and THAT's what people should apologize for, failing to keep in touch with me.
now, failing to remember or think of me, i don't think it's possible to blame someone for that. for that, that is simply how life is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger