Friday, April 25, 2008

bauble

most of the friends with whom i used to correspond i have lost to love. and by "love" i mean alaska. just kidding. i mean romantic love. uh-huh.

so because they are all gone now, busy splashing happily about in seas of lovey luv love, i am not sure what to do with that which i have found.

misplaced as it is, i honestly don't know what to do. i hold it out before me in my open palm and squint at it. it looks vaguely familiar but seems much less powerful than i thought it'd be. it makes me feel fretful. and distantly happy. and stressed. and ashamed.

i should enjoy it. or cherish it and caress it and dance with it clasped to my chest. instead i just keep staring at it with furrowed brow.

then i clench my fingers around it, squeeze hard, and shake my fist at you. at all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger