Wednesday, July 18, 2007

craving

yes, posts entitled "craving" usually go on the prickly pineapple site. this craving, however, is a bit different.

i crave red.

i don't know why or what it would do for me. i just find myself reaching for red things (red ink, red clothing/shoes, red laboratory tape. red wine. just not red nail polish or lipstick) and wanting the color around me.

of course, it has to be real red. there is real red, and there is cheap knockoff red. like an orangey, watered down red. that red annoys me.

puffintoad once discussed it with me. "let me ask you though, how does it make you feel? i mean, the color red. it's very stimulating, which i personally think is good."

i don't know how it makes me feel; i haven't really analyzed it. i think maybe "stimulating" is the best word for it. it keeps me going. sustains momentum. i guess i've always been a red personality, identifying with burgundy, gravitating toward fire and its allusions, unable to be cool (because i'm hot. haha).

usually when it's a hot and humid summer (and what summer for me hasn't been?), i like pale blue. something may have changed, for right now, i crave red.

i also am craving ceviche.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger