Sunday, September 03, 2006

work

i have been in to the hospital every single day as far back in this rotation as i can remember. that's the beginning of the month of august i think.

i am a mindless drone.

no, wait, i take that back. i WISH i were a mindless drone. then i wouldn't mind the daily humilitations (read "i feel as though i am drowning in my own inadequacy, and because of that, i am useless, and the daily exposure of this fact is humiliating") and the lack of life outside the hospital. and still i have responsibility, and enough knowledge to earn me the onus of teaching my juniors. and i have the beeper that NEVER STOPS BEEPING!

i no longer have the uncanny abilities i used to have. those would be the abilities to stay up for days without sleeping and without getting sleepy, to go without food for days, all those abilities i had WHEN I WAS YOUNGER. now i get hypoglycemic and i get a headache and then i barf. oh and when i was younger i also had the ability to learn new things quickly and to always be right. NOT ANYMORE. don't tell me i'm too old for this. that's pathetic. i'm pathetic.

no wonder so many fellows in my subspecialty turn out mean. so mean. i'm so mean. mean, mean, meanie mean mean. only daily doses of candy help keep me sweet. sweet to a point. i bring it for the residents. i also bring it for myself, to make me feel better. sweet. sweet because i bring it, not because i eat it.

i make it a point to mix some sourpatch kids in the variety of candy i bring.

paperwork is stupid.

i need a weekend.

it's time to cook noodles.

i'm glad i cleaned my kitchen this morning.

i need to pay my bills.

i am on call on labor day— a cruel, cruel thing.

i am not going to be a good blogger for a while.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Dog of Freetown said...

I've been thinking a lot about ageing recently. I had the idea that when I was younger, I was better at stuff, funnier, fitter, stronger, blah blah. But a quick look into the matter soon exposed that fallacy. Seriously, I bet you're much better at so much stuff than you were before. Maybe you're due a holiday though...

9/04/2006 02:34:00 PM

 
Blogger d said...

can i agree with both p and k?

i'm happy to see that, in light of all of the stress and lack of sleep you're faced with and the constant beeping of the beeper, you continue to include candy in your life. and that you share that candy with others.

9/05/2006 09:06:00 AM

 
Blogger saara said...

proposed remedy: take a weekend off. get out of town. hang out with someone who knows you and likes you. relax and unwind a bit. let someone share their candy with you, for a change.

9/05/2006 02:01:00 PM

 
Blogger CamoBunny said...

pt- yeah. i do guess that's what a blog's for.

k- elsewhere you called me concise. this pleases me. i'm not sure if i'm better at anything than i was before except that i am more tenderhearted. i guess that's good?

d- of course you may. and what's life without candy?

s- [sniff] wow. that's a great idea. [tears welling up] someone share THEIR candy with ME?

maybe i'm due a weekend off. lessee... i think i'm free four weekends from now... s, how 'bout you meet me at the airport nearest you at 3:45 PM on 9/29?

9/06/2006 08:10:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger