Monday, September 18, 2006

weather, and the men in my life

when you work a lot, and you work in a hospital, you don't pay too much attention to the weather.

i got home early today-- i left work at 5!-- and thought i'd left my kind of blue cd in the car. so i went to get my keys (my keys! where the heck are my keys?! after a prolonged search and near-panicking i find them in my bag where i put them) and went down to the car. the car, in the garage. the garage, which is covered, but the air is from the outside world. the outside world, which was cool, and wet, and somewhat green, despite the fact that i live in the city.

well, miles (i'd been missing him and thinking about him all day to the tune of so what) wasn't in my car, but steve was. whatever.

so i gave steve a squeeze (he's soft, despite the fact that he holds cd's in his round penguin belly) and put him on my cd tower. and since miles had no place in my computerized collection, i turned to wynton instead. while wynton played, i went to my backpack and got miles out to rip him.

then wynton did something cool, and i remembered how cool and lovely the air was outside, and now i've got the windows open for the very first time since i moved into this place.

how's the weather where you are?

2 Comments:

Blogger d said...

it's fall. it's my favourite time of year. the days are comfortable. the nights are crisp. and the air has that wonderful fall smell. not to mention the trees are changing colour already. firey oranges. deep reds and purples. bright yellows.

you should really experience fall in new brunswick someday.

9/19/2006 07:19:00 AM

 
Blogger kara said...

Where I went to college, Jason Marsalis was the head of the music department. Ellis and Wynton and Nicholas Payton were around all the time...it was kind of like how I imagined being in Paris during the Bohemian Revolution would've been like.

9/20/2006 04:27:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger