Tuesday, March 28, 2006

this morning

  • i am exceedingly pleased that my office is neither too hot nor too cold.
  • i am also pleased that my hot chocolate is "just right" in this way.
  • i am entertained by the fact that the top of my bagel spread is labeled "neufchâtel cheese" instead of cream cheese.
  • i am happy to report that reconciliation has occurred on several fronts about which i was concerned.
  • my entire place is a mess and i can do nothing about it, for i am stuck here at work for 16 hours, and when i get home it will be bedtime and yet there are so many things to do, things to do, wait, that's not about this morning is it. (period not question mark)
  • i have already worked diplomacy in two situations that were initially outside my sphere of influence.
  • the muzak is killing me— slowly, torturously making me die inside.
  • i found the sweatshirt i was searching for last night.
  • i have discovered that a major problem is that it is very irritating when people fuss over their opinions of my choice of words instead of listening to me. especially on the phone, where people say things they wouldn't say to your face. especially since i already choose words carefully. (sentence fragments and i don't give a flying flip)
  • i have learned that my still-developing skills as an actriz have fooled many a person in the morning, and on this day when for some reason i feel much less obligation to be sunshiney-sweet people have noticed the difference in my demeanor.
  • i am glad that a blog is supposed to be a place where one can write whatever and however one pleases (i suppose that would include "lol" and emoticons and whatever word usage errors they would commit) and that they are not designed to be venues for critical appraisal. (unless they declare themselves to be such. in which case, open season, man.)
  • i am exercising my love for parenthetical statements. i would have used the word "penchant" but recently i laugh at the use of that word because the last time i heard someone say it they said pan(gh)-shon(gh) with great overemphasis and it sounded so incredibly affected i nearly laughed and vomited all at once. and i don't want to do that on my blog for it would be a mess to clean up.
  • i have re-discovered how hot chocolate makes everything better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger