Monday, March 27, 2006

blog apologies

the internet is super great because you can take care of all sorts of things without ever having to get up from your chair or even pick up the phone.

how-eeeeever,

internet communiqué has a huge ol' limitation, and that is that its raw and unpolished nature usually carries along with it an inability to convey a writer's tone. it can therefore be a medium by which one can hurt someone's feelings.

and so here is an official apology to ms. alleycat IF it was i that made you feel burned with my comment so difficult to interpret without vocal inflections. and by "unless what you're saying... that's mean and sucky" i intended "unless one were to say... which would be mean and sucky," without reference to you in specific. i make this a separate post entirely because it is always a big deal to me when i hurt someone's feelings. and IF it was someone else, then i feel relieved that it wasn't me, but i'm still sorry something happened.

to the other person who has gotten hurt: i will talk to you tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger AlleyCat said...

Dear CB,

Thank you for your apology which is Most Heartily Accepted.

Please see also my response to the comment in question, in which I take Responsibility for my own reaction to your response to my comment (and to some extent for having pro-/evoked such).

In related news, I don't think I yet complimented you as I wanted to on the insightfulness of this. I find it Quite Insightful.

Warm greetings from NL,
AC

3/28/2006 07:47:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger