Monday, January 16, 2006

wasting away

i got on the scale today. it's been about 6 months since i last checked my weight.

i have dropped to 49.3 kg. i still use myself as a marker for 50 kg, though.

that's about 5 pounds less than i expected. that's 5 pounds i lost without realizing it or trying. that's a sign of undernourishment.

it gives me a body mass index of 18.95. though that bmi is okay, the "healthiest" bmi is 22. i would have to gain 17 pounds to hit that.

that sounds impossible. it sounds as impossible to me as losing 17 pounds would to someone else besides camodidi.

i do not have an eating disorder or body image problem. i would like to gain my weight back. i am not as strong as i used to be, and i'm cold all the time. i want to be healthy. also i know that i look rather frail, and i would prefer to have more meat on my bones, or junk in my trunk and everywhere else for that matter.

how did i do it? well, i work a lot. and i work until i'm so sleepy that i'd rather sleep than eat. you see, anyone who works as hard as we do knows that after a little while, hunger disappears. sleepiness does not. i switched to diet soda because i don't like the taste sugary sodas leave in your mouth (bacteria eat the sugar and make that taste. gross!). i drink alcohol very rarely. i have a sensitive palate and i prefer lightly flavored foods, which tend to be light on grease. lastly, my intolerance for dairy has eliminated most creamy foods from my menu including ice cream, once a staple of my diet, and cheese.

i do not recommend this as a weight loss regimen.

don't get me wrong. i love to eat. you should already know this from the prickly pineapple. evidently i just don't eat like everyone else in this fat old country.

now, my other new year's resolution that i haven't told too many people about is to gain my 5 pounds back in the next 3-4 months. i plan to do this by eating a good diet and exercising. i bulk up easily with exercise. seriously. i get man calves. it's kind of gross.

funny how the same plan, prudent diet and exercise, should help improve your health no matter if you're under- or overweight.

that's all i have to say today. i have started on my weight gain regimen. but i'm being bad tonight— i'm having sushi (too few calories!).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

let's make a deal- i'll lose three for every one you gain

1/17/2006 10:48:00 AM

 
Blogger CamoBunny said...

lady, you are beautiful. and you do not need to lose 15 pounds.

1/17/2006 11:57:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger