Friday, November 11, 2005

camobunny's theme

i’ve decided that what my life needs is a soundtrack. seriously.

the stuff that happens in my life might actually be pretty exciting. i don’t usually perceive it as such because it’s my life, but i’ve found that the things that happen around me are the stuff that tv shows are made of. it’s hilarious to see oprah or whomever get all dramatic about subjects that fill my daily worklife.

i’ve long said that my personal life is like a really boring soap opera. stalkers, rock-band dramas, psychotics proposing to me— oh, and there’s so much more. but as i sit at my computer, wearing my beeper because i’m on call for transport, i look up at this plastic model of a human heart that sits atop my computer tower, and i know my work life too is anything but average. i need to amend the soap opera statement somehow.

see i don’t realize my job is exciting because there is no soundtrack, no frenetic or dramatic music in the background to announce to everyone “this is it folks!”, no suspenseful tremolo chords when something is going awry, no fanfares when i save a life.

and so what about my personal life? my personality? i get the feeling that lots of people have very different views of me because of how i dress and behave in each little sector of my life. i freaked some people out in the e.r. when i showed up in a skirt instead of scrubs. like, blew their minds. the john deere t-shirt i wore to ministry team meeting put a question mark over my pastor’s head. the new haircut is definitely freakin’ people out, even though it’s much more reflective of my personality.

what i really need is a theme song for my soundtrack. camobunny's theme. that would explain things instantly. don’t you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger