Thursday, January 03, 2008

i tried

i took another 400 mg of ibuprofen.

i dried my hair and slapped on a headband.

i put on a hoodie sweatshirt and a pair of scrub pants. yes, i'm thirty for goodness' sake. so what.

no makeup. no curling iron. not even decent clothing. who cares. i'm on research.

i put a piece of gum in my mouth, clogs on my feet, and a jacket on my back and went out the door.

in the elevator on my way down, it was cold. butt cold. how unpleasant. my jacket wasn't long enough or heavy enough. oh, well. i wouldn't be spending that long outside.

then i noticed that i had failed to pack either ibuprofen or sumatriptan. i had no headache medicine. oh, well. if my migraine recurs, i should come back home anyway.

the elevator doors opened, and i unlocked my car with the remote. then i realized i had left my pager and i.d. badge (without which i cannot access my office) in my home.

"oh, screw it." i locked my car, got back in the elevator, and went back home.

i tried to go to work today. i did.

it just didn't take.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger