Monday, May 01, 2006

what it is, what it iz

i think what it is (what it is, what it iz) is that there are a lot of evil forces that i struggle against. (the dangling preposition is not an evil; it is a mere annoyance.) the most evilest of them all, to me, are the ones that i can see inside me, the ones that i try every day, every moment to fight. these include pride, snobbery, immaturity/petulance, self-aggrandizement, materialism, and sloth, just to name a few.

and what it is is that i can't well tolerate seeing certain specific examples of these evil forces that i fight so oft exhibited by my friends or people who are similar to me. it makes me testy and salty.

materialism is a good example. i'm so, so, so blessed and fortunate that i want for nothing. i am. i am so blessed, in fact, that i fear becoming spoiled or a brat (or both) about it. so i fight off those tendencies as much as i can by trying to have an attitude of gratitude rather than one of entitlement. so when i interact with someone in my position who can't get over him/herself and the money he/she makes and behaves in an entitled fashion, my patience is very, very limited.

and i think, i think that's what it is.

i'm just saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger