Thursday, October 27, 2005

question

"are you seeing anyone?"

i looked up, startled, uncapped needle and syringe in my hand. i didn't expect that at all. his blue eyes looked into mine with an intensity that could only have been put there by hope. the wrinkles around them twitched ever so slightly.

why would he be asking me that? with all my might i struggled to keep that question mark from actually becoming visible above my head. then the words came to me.

"you mean, patient-wise?"
"yes."
"i'm about to sedate someone for a debridement, yes."
"okay. thanks."

see, i was already busy. just because it was time for dr. m to leave didn't mean i'd drop everything to take over his workload.

6 Comments:

Blogger KiltedJedi said...

how little he knows the camobunny. never ask a dangerous question when she is armed and potentially fatal.

KJ

10/27/2005 02:22:00 PM

 
Blogger CamoBunny said...

oh please tell me the twist in the plot is obvious.

10/27/2005 08:45:00 PM

 
Blogger Ray said...

i was hoping there wouldn't be a twist at all so, instead, there could be a conclusion about how stupid and sleazy all men are, not just the mildly inconsiderate display of one tired doctor.

those are my favorite.

10/28/2005 05:03:00 AM

 
Blogger CamoBunny said...

nope. despite your preconceived notions about me, i don't do that. but if you would like to speak in absolute overgeneralizations about how all men are stupid and sleazy, be my guest.

10/28/2005 09:19:00 AM

 
Blogger Ray said...

they aren't preconceived, they're ... post-conceived?

10/28/2005 11:42:00 AM

 
Blogger CamoBunny said...

ah. so. in that case i shall amend my statement.

nope. despite your incorrect notions about me, i don't do that. but if you would like to demonstrate how stupid and sleazy men can be, you may— just please do it elsewhere.

10/28/2005 03:27:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
site feed powered by blogger